Call Center Representative I
Receive incoming calls and determines the products, services or resources that the caller requires (or could benefit from), then provide direct support services to customers; or, connects them with the staff representative in the appropriate department who can provide them the specific assistance they need; thereby creating a positive interaction with the customer.
All employees are expected to actively promote Legacy Bank to existing and prospective customers in order to obtain and build the banks customer base and thereby enhance Legacy Banks growth and profitability.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answer incoming calls, determines the needs of the caller and verify the caller’s identity, minimizing the caller’s time and effort in resolving their concern.
2. Process transactions for customers (i.e. transfer funds between accounts and/or loan, stop payments, close and reorder debit cards, provide balances and last five transactions, reissue and reset pin numbers, process loan or credit card payments, etc.) to assure customer’s needs are addressed in a polite and friendly manner.
3. Identify products/services that might be beneficial to customers and provides information about their value and benefits.
4. ACH Processing
5. Cross-sell Online Banking and bill pay services and assist customers in setting up Online Banking enrollment and understanding the e-statement process.
6. Assist other departments and branches with transactions as needed. Other duties as assigned.
7. Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Knowledge & Skills
Six months to two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
High school degree or GED required.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 5 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of local travel as driver and travel by commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Legacy Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.