Deposit Operations Officer
Serves as a key operational resource to the Deposit Operations department. Coordinates operational support to all bank departments as needed. Assists in developing, implementing, communicating new technologies, operational policies, and procedures for the Deposit Operations department. Supports overall bank strategic plan by exuding efforts to maximize revenue, sales, customer satisfaction, minimize operational loss and foster bank wide efficiencies and objectives.
All employees are expected to actively promote Legacy Bank to existing and prospective customers in order to obtain and build the banks customer base and thereby enhance Legacy Banks growth and profitability.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
– Possess a complete understanding of all functions within the Deposit Operations department. Performs in a backup capacity when needed in order to possess the knowledge required to effectively lead the department, identify efficiencies needed and to ensure smooth operations to reduce impact to customers and other departments within the organization.
– Assists with the coordination, implementation, and training of new technology in order to support bank operations, products, services and compliance. Directs and assists in the training of new deposit operations staff along with actively participating the ongoing cross-training of personnel and assures that all staff is using or is knowledgeable of all products, services and bank initiatives. Responsible for identifying efficiencies needed and communicates those needs to SVP of Retail/Deposit Operations in order to position the bank in a competitive environment with peers.
– Manages direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and employee development. Evaluates and directs employee job assignments, monitors staff performance, coaches, counsels, and ensures work is completed in a timely manner. Actively evaluates job performance/fit and provides periodic feedback and conducts annual performance reviews for employees. Communicates change recommendations to management for all direct reports. Has audit and compliance responsibility for all actions performed by subordinate personnel and assists those employees in daily operations as required. Manages and motivates staff in personal work development goals.
– Responsible for vendor management review and the maintenance of ongoing vendor relationships. Maintains knowledge needed to effectively review vendor relationships, hold them accountable, and make recommendations to management for continued relationships, or the need for change in relationship.
– Responsible for maintaining a functional and up to date Core System and ancillary production systems. Assists IT department with all department related system updates, communicates the upcoming changes with effected department managers and holds all employee training as necessary. Keeps management apprised of all critical issues.
– Responsible for reviewing, maintaining, and communicating all Deposit Operations polices and procedures to ensure compliance and to meet regulatory requirements.
– Holds monthly meetings with Deposit Operations personnel and SVP of Retail/Deposit Operations addressing possible resolutions to issues as well as procedural changes and practices. Provides an atmosphere for personnel to communicate needs and have input. Also assists with other bank wide training as requested.
– Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, the Office of Foreign Assets Control, and all security policies and procedures.
– May be required to work extended hours depending on work load of the department. Will be responsible to fill in for staff on Saturdays as needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Two to five years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
Minimum High School Education or GED required; a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school is useful.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Individual must be self-motivated with a technical aptitude and the ability to carry out and complete duties with minimal supervision.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours, and work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Is willing to be involved in activities, groups, or organizations outside of normal working hours to help promote Legacy Bank and achieve strategic growth goals. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise and intermittent distraction.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Legacy Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.