Teller II -Pratt, KS
Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and being an effective source of information for our customers: in lobby, drivethru window or by telephone. Provides friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance to customers and coworkers assuring a positive experience and minimizing wait time.
All employees are expected to actively promote Legacy Bank to existing and prospective customers in order to obtain and build the banks customer base and thereby enhance Legacy Banks growth and profitability.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate efficiency with financial transactions for checking, savings and loan customers: receives funds, posts transactions and pays out funds as requested. Verbally confirm intended transactions with customer to assure needs are met and minimize errors.
2. Issues cashier’s check, travel/gift cards, receives currency for coin and verifies amounts, processes the redemption of bonds, cashes checks according to written procedures.
3. Balances cash drawer daily to assure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor regarding any offages. Appropriately applying policies.
4. Research, troubleshoot and resolve customer and internal inquiries regarding policies, practices and products.
5. Addresses inquiries on accounts, validates amounts and dates of payments and other significant information and validates checks and/or counts cash payments. Scans daily transactions for accuracy and retention. Log required information on appropriate spreadsheets.
6. Assist other departments and branches with transactions as needed, provide support for the department and branch managers in fulfilling customer requests and merchant verifications.
7. Create and maintain a clean, neat, pleasant work environment by maintaining a professional look (i.e. dress, posture, attitude, etc.), positive outlook and behavior toward customers and co-workers.
8. Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, the Office of Foreign Assets Control and all security policies and procedures.
9. Meet minimum requirements of Retail Standards Program. Use every customer contact as an opportunity to advise customer about additional services or programs that might benefit them.
Knowledge & Skills
Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
High school degree or GED required.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and regularly lifting cash box of up to 10 lbs. and coin bags up to 30 lbs on occasion. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 5-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to use basic math skills and spell accurately up to a high school graduate level. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Legacy Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.